Thursday, November 1, 2012

The Bacteria Stuff

I have been playing around with various types of bacterias in the lab. I was told, after this particular project, I was going to be quite the biology expert. Starting this, I was a bit skeptical of that statement. After only doing two of the 10 test needed to be done on 9 different bacterias (to start with) I am slowly becoming a believer.

This is a project that is going to be done within two different people to ensure that the results gathered from each individual is good. The goal of the entire project is to get every bacteria we have available and run many of the test on them to ensure we still dealing with a good set of chemicals and materials.
As I had mentioned before, I have only scratched the surface with solely two of the test done, but I expect to be done by next week with the rest, hopefully. :(

On a more serious side, I can say this project has helped me a lot with doing many of these test, and doing them correctly. That is a big thing I have taken from the whole project. Well I guess that all. Ohh yes, I almost forgot, I had a bit of a set back in the beginning because the ink on the plates that had my grown bacteria had smeared off when they were put in the refrigerator. I almost cried, but I kept my cool and realized I had taken pictures of each individual plate and named them. So, can you say problem conquered? :)

Heres a picture of my Salmonella after it has been plated on TSA and incubated for a day. I felt this was the more cool looking one that just had to be shared.

No comments:

Post a Comment