Monday, August 29, 2011

Before complete vanishment, the moon allows one glimpse into the future

As a cherry to my day, I encountered my first cadaver of the greatest extent today. The blood rushed out of my body and was replaced with vomit and panic to the extent of being frozen in time. Beatrice, as she has now been named, was a girl who died of lung cancer and had at least 1 fake boob. She she seemed small but maybe a totally of 35 years old and 5'5 maybe an inch or 2 taller. But she was there to be studied and for us, she was there to be rehydrated and packaged like a fish out of water.

Te fragility of her body as the palm of my hand was resting on her spine and the occipital portion of her skull resting in my hand like a baby who no longer breathes sent me into auto- pilot faster then my living heart could beat. Jennifer and Josh were so cavalier and casual about moving Beatrice as if she was a big porcelain china doll yet I couldn't stop admiring the still lifelessness of this once vivacious female. Aside from the smell once she was wrapped my queasiness subsided and I was able to help but the image of her closed eyes and raw body will probably stay a nightmare in even my happiest dreams. What doesn't kill us makes us stronger right? Hopefully ;-) G-money OUT

1 comment: