Friday, September 9, 2011

With my eyes in shock, the glimpse turned into a vision

Wednesday marked the second of the 4 bodies I will have to experience during this internship. I didn't name him and when I was moving his body, the thoughts of panic didn't arise the thoughts of fear didn't arise, but the mortality of life did creep in and sent me into autopilot mode very aware of the environment but also very unattached while my mind wondered through the possibilities of what life holds for us all.

And then Jennifer made the statement " ooooh this one is juicy, you know his remains remind me of that pulled chicken "

Yes vomit followed by fear and panic rushed into my face as the thoughts upon thoughts ran through my mind flashing images of eating human flesh like animals to animals eating people still alive. 1 step forward and 5 back.

Looking forward to becoming "over" being squeamish, joshwesome also informed me that there are fetuses and tricked me into touching a REAL babies skull. I'm more and more appreciative that my major is technology and robots and not actually touching people. I hope. Like I said 5 steps.

As I prepare myself for the next 2 weeks of cleaning the fresher bodies I know that I will more than defiantly have music blasting and vicks rubbed on my chest so eliminate the environmental setbacks and contain the mental focus on not dropping a body on the floor. Until next time. G- money out!

No comments:

Post a Comment