Wednesday, September 28, 2011

9/27/11


Today I started of by helping josh set up the agarose gel for Mrs. Chapman's class and also putting the labeled PCR tubes with the DNA in them. I did all that while I waited for Jennifer to get back from starbucks. When she came back we went to go clean the cadaver in the black bag and while we were cleaning  it we found this sort of black fungus type thing and it was everywhere so we sprayed the body with Dis type spray and then sprayed it with the regular "Body juice" like always. Once we finished cleaning it I help josh again by sorting the PCR tubes for the lab. Then I set up and experiment to determine which of the DNA was found in the crime seen so I made the agarose gel and then put the DNA into the little slot and after like 30 min we took it out and stained it with the fast blast DNA stain. The reason I was doing this experiment was to figure out if the DNA was still working after 24hrs of extracting it and it did work I found out that suspect 3's DNA was at the crime scene.

1 comment: