Wednesday, September 21, 2011

First Day Reflection

As a Senior at Bioscience High School, I am ready to take on new challenges and have a great experience at Phoenix College. Today I started out with crushing charcoal with a mortar and pestle-like equipment (I got quite a work out by doing that). I was told that the charcoal would be used in an aquarium which I found interesting. I also learned what exactly was hydroponics and aquaponics, and I also found out that there is a brand called Terraponic. Hydroponics is the method of not needing soil for planting and aquaponics is the process of having fish and plants in the same area whilst helping each other out. Terraponic is a material and acts as a replacement for soil, which is reusable up to five times and is environmental friendly. I look forward applying my research into my project with "ponics" and learn along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment