Friday, September 23, 2011

Wednesday and Thursday

My first official day of internship started with me on a laptop separating some 30 lab activities from one huge document into their own specific documents for different Bio classes. Then, Tomie and I learned how to spray down cadavers! It wasn't scary and it didn't make me sick (so far, so good). Thursday, I spent two hours with Jen sticking numbered needles into hearts for the Anatomy class. The students will have to name the part and/or area of the heart with the help of little labels that have clues like "shiny stuff" on the outside of the heart, which I think is called... visceral peritonium? I'll have to ask Jen about that and write it down. Anyways, my last hour was spent with the other interns learning how to make percent solutions, molar/molarity solutions, normal solutions and 'x' solutions.

No comments:

Post a Comment