Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Today February 15, 2012 :0

So today I got to look deeper in how I am going to set up the data in project.

One word - S T A T S

Matt showed me how to notice One Way ANOVA (One Way Analysis of Variances). Being that I am a Calculus student and not a Statistics student, it was quite complicated for me. He sat me down with Josh and we discussed what this is going to look like for me.
So this is how its looking at the moment:

My variable - Reaction time
Treatment - Resting state, post-exercise, sugar - resting, sugar post - exercise.
So what I got out of ANOVA is that it is the mean of all four treatments and it's average difference from mean and values (+/-).
ANOVA is going to give me the F-Score that turns into --> P-Value (percent value) and that determines whether you have a significant difference in your data or a not so significant difference. So tomorrow, when I get to do the second part of the test on everyone I can start organizing my stuff.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot...
My product is going to be a bar graph =)

No comments:

Post a Comment