Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Sorry...

I have been a little behind on my work so I kind of been slacking on my posts. It is my mistake and I will ensure that it will not continue to happe. So, what has happend from the last time I posted till now, is a lot. First, I started getting familiar with some of the equipment that I will be using for my exeriment. We realized that in order to use the equipment, I am going to need more than one person to operate all the equipment at once, correctly. I also helped clean a lot of the cadavers. I've became really familar with cleaning the cadavers and spotting the tiny spects of white or black fungus. I have also grown familiar with the correct process of wrapping the body after it is cleaned. Oh, Josh and I also had a little "expirement" of our own, that was not even close to sucessful. We made an agar media of BBL Mannitol salt, but that wasn't the difficult part. This type of media requires that it be auto-claved at a pH of 7.2 +/- 2. In order to get this, we had to add acids and bases as needed. This really didn't work out in one of our media mixtures in particular. The pH levels were off the wall and was increasing, for some reason, the more we added acid to it. We spent at least 30 minutes trying to understand why it wasn't working and finally just gave up and created a whole new batch. This one, however, was successful, and there I was, pouring away.

No comments:

Post a Comment