Wednesday, November 9, 2011

NEW PROJECT!!

Last week my project was completly changed. i was trying to compare
DNA from two palo verde trees. I was able to succesfully extract DNA from seeds, the next step was to pcr the DNA and cut it with enzymes. Thing was i needed the sequenced DNA of the trees in order to know where to cut, and no one has sequenced it. So my project was stalled. Josh had me talk to Dr. Hayashi about it to see how we could proceed. We looked for the DNA sequence even more but we didn't find it. Dr. Hayashi then told me that i should focus on a smaller scale, so we went with bacteria. As of now theres not a set project but so far im going to grow bacteria from soil samples collected here at PC and a Tortoise habitad we have at my High school.

No comments:

Post a Comment